Amazon Ad

Friday, July 13, 2012

Community @ Comic-Con: New Bosses Promise They 'Won't Screw It Up!' Plus, Season 4 Scoop-TVLine

Community

Here are the highlights from the Community panel at the 2012 Comic-Con, which were posted by TVLine's Megan Masters:



HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL | Of course, the panel kicked off with an introduction to the aforementioned producers, and what they had to say really boosted our confidence in their plans. “It’s all gonna be OK,” Guarascio said to the crowd. “A couple months ago we were a lot like most of you, just huge fans of the show… Suddenly now we’re here, helping to keep it going. The only thing we care about is keeping it this weird, wonderful gem… and that’s not going to change.” Echoed Port: “It’s also not us coming in and taking it on by ourselves. It’s the best cast on television… What I mean to say is, we won’t screw it up. We promise.”

GRADUATION UPDATE | Though series creator/original showrunner Dan Harmon often said the gang would graduate in Season 4, that may no longer be the case. “There’s a way to be true to the show … where the series will keep going even if they’re not [in college] all at the same time,” Guarascio shared. “They’ve become this family that will still exist together without changing the dynamic of the show.”

HOMIE DOES DEAN THIS | “It is, for a lot of the characters, their senior year,” Guarascio revealed. “That gives us the opportunity to explore some relationships — one of which might be the Dean and Jeff.”

CARTOONISH COMMUNITY | Think animated Community episodes went out the door with the innovative Harmon? Think again. “I think we should do a little in the first episode,” Guarascio put out there.

TEAM TRITTA | Will that Troy/Britta flirtation continue in Season 4? “The sparks may turn into a little bit of a fire,” Guarascio teased.

HOUSE HUNTERS AND A COMICAL ‘CON’ | In Season 4, “We’re going to get to see Pierce’s mansion [and] the twisted world in which he lives,” said Guarascio. “We are also going to get to go to an Inspector Spacetime convention…. Everyone [in the group] is going to go!”

DREAM DAD | If McHale has his way, a big-name star will play his father. “Eddie Murphy, everybody,” he joked. “Pluto Nash himself.”

SO BAD, IT’S GOOD | Will Britta continue to Britta things in Season 4? “Oh yeah,” Gillian Jacobs assured us.

BAG LADY | The other burning question on every fan’s mind: Will Shirley ever put down her purse? “I really think Shirley has the purse because I always have my purse,” Yvette Nicole Brown explained with a laugh. “I’m from the inner-city of Cleveland — you just don’t leave your purse!”



Link to the full article:Community at Comic-Con -- 2012 - TVLine






My thoughts: I have to say that I think all of these spoilers for season 4 sound very interesting, especially the spoilers regarding Pierce. Pierce has always been one of my favorite characters on the show. Honestly, I'm really glad that Community is airing on Fridays now, because when it aired on Thursdays I always watched The Big Bang Theory live since it was on at the same time and CBS usually doesn't post full episodes of The Big Bang Theory online. I also always recorded The Vampire Diaries on my DVR since it aired at the same time as The Big Bang Theory. I constantly told myself that I would watch Community online later, but I almost never got around to watching it online every week for one reason or another like I wanted to. I'm almost always at home on Friday nights, so I'll pretty much always be able to watch Community live every week now. Hopefully, Community will do well enough on Friday nights in the fall to stay on the air for a while longer.

No comments :