Amazon Ad

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Girl: Casts David Walton, Leslie Mann and Niecy Nash in Season 2-TVLine

New Girl David Walton

According to TVLine's Megan Masters, David Walton has been cast as a new love interest for Jess on New Girl. Here's an excerpt from the article which gives some details on Walton's role:



Fresh off of his short-lived NBC series, Walton has been tapped to recur on New Girl as the “classic bad boy type,” EW.com reports. He and Jess will hit it off in the premiere (airing Sept. 25) when he mistakes her for someone else, and, being the quirkster that she is, she decides to go along with it.



Leslie Mann and Niecy Nash will also be guest-starring in season 2. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on their roles:



Per EW.com, Mann appears in the season opener as well, playing a “shot girl” at Schmidt’s penis cast removal soiree. (This is an actual storyline.) Nash, meanwhile, is slated to guest-star in an early installment of Season 2 as a hooker who steal’s Jess’ purse, per The Hollywood Reporter.



Link to the full article:New Girl Casts David Walton, Leslie Mann, Niecy Nash -- Season 2 - TVLine







My thoughts: I had actually been thinking about the show Bent yesterday before TVLine posted this news. Personally, I thought that Bent was a great show that deserved to be treated a lot better than NBC treated it. It was definitely one of NBC's better new shows last year, so it's a shame that it got canceled. That being said, I can't wait to see David Walton on New Girl. His storyline with Jess sounds very interesting.

The news about Leslie Mann guest-starring on the show is also very exciting and interesting to me. First off, I loved her in the episode of Modern Family that she guest-starred in last season. Secondly, the whole thing with her being a "shot girl" at Schmidt's penis cast removal soiree sounds beyond hilarious. Reading that part of article made me laugh when I read it. That should be a very funny storyline. I didn't watch New Girl very much last season simply because I already had a lot of other TV shows that I was watching. Reading all this casting information made me realize that I really need to make an effort to watch New Girl every week, because it's definitely a very funny show.

No comments :