Amazon Ad

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Office: Staffs Up, Hires Better With You Alum Jake Lacy as New Regular-TVLine

Jake Lacy The Office

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Jake Lacy is joining the cast of The Office as a series regular for its upcoming ninth season. Lacy is joining the cast of The Office as a part of the show's "mini-reboot" for the upcoming season. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some scoop on the changes that are taking place in front of and behind the cameras:



The actor joins fellow Office rookie Clark Duke, who inked his own series regular deal earlier this month. The news marks a nice turnaround for Lacy, who was dropped from Fox’s midseason comedy The Goodwin Games last month after starring in the pilot.

As previously reported, The Office is set to undergo a mini-reboot this fall amid changes in front of and behind the scenes — including the departure of showrunner Paul Lieberstein as well as the possible exit of a soon-to-be spun off Rainn Wilson. Additionally, B.J. Novak (Ryan) and Fox-bound Mindy Kaling (Kelly) will not be returning full-time.


The Office launches its ninth season on Sept. 20.



Link to the full article:The Office Casts Jake Lacy -- Season 9 - TVLine







My thoughts: While I really think NBC needs to stop feasting on the dwindling carcass of creativity that makes up The Office and just let it end with at least a little bit of dignity, I still enjoy watching The Office and I'm willing to keep an open mind about Jake Lacy and Clark Duke joining the cast as series regulars. I don't think that I'd be so willing to keep an open mind about these changes if I wasn't a fan of Jake Lacy and Clark Duke. I absolutely loved Jake Lacy on Better With You and Clark Duke and his character on Greek, Dale, was always one of my favorite things about Greek, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them on The Office.

I know that I said this before, but I personally think that having B.J. Novak no longer be a part of the show full time is several seasons overdue. Also, the character Dwight has been absolutely annoying the hell out of me for at least the past three seasons, so I personally would be beyond thrilled if Rainn Wilson left the show. That being said, I'm really looking forward to seeing who Jake Lacy and Clark Duke will be playing and how they will fit into the show next season.

No comments :