Amazon Ad

Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Girl: Amen's Anna Maria Horsford Cast As Winston’s Mom-TVLine



According to TVLine's Kimberly Roots, Anna Maria Horsford has been cast as Winston's mother for season 2 of New Girl. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Horsford's role:



The TV vet will guest-star in the Fox comedy’s upcoming Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively. Her character, Charmaine Bishop, is a Chicagoan who raised all of her children to become professional basketball players — in Winston’s case, at least, it worked for a while! Oh, and Mama Bishop hates Schmidt. (As if such a thing were possible!)



Link to the full article:New Girl Casts Anna Maria Horsford -- Season 2 - TVLine







My thoughts: After only having watched the first episode of New Girl several months ago, I've only officially gotten hooked on the show in the past two or three weeks after watching episodes of the show on Hulu. While I personally prefer Damon Wayans, Jr.'s character, Coach, over Winston, Winston is growing on me. This news is really exciting to me since Winston's mother apparently hates Schmidt and Schmidt is one of my favorite things about the show. I'm sure that alone will make Anna Maria Horsford's episode extremely funny.

No comments :