Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weeds: Casts Natasha Lyonne in the Series Finale-TVLine



According to TVLine's Kimberly Roots, Natasha Lyonne has been cast in a guest-star role for the series finale of Weeds. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Lyonne's role and the series finale:



Lyonne, who recently guest-starred on New Girl and Law & Order: SVU, will play a character named Tiffani, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She’ll show up in the Showtime dramedy’s final episode, a two-parter slated for Sept. 16.

The details we do have about the series’ parting shot come from reliable sources: star Mary-Louise Parker and creator Jenji Kohan. Kohan recently told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills that the hour would be “a trip down memory lane” featuring characters from the series’ eight seasons.

Parker, who at the press tour said the finale’s script moved her to tears, praised Kohan’s masterful touch. “She didn’t make it a ‘happily ever after thing,’” the actress said, “but there was hope in it and there was some sort of benediction.”



Link to the full article:Weeds Casts Natasha Lyonne Season 8 finale - TVLine







My thoughts: I loved Natasha Lyonne in American Pie, so I'm excited to see her in the series finale of Weeds. The fact that Weeds is ending is a very bittersweet occasion for me personally for several reasons. Weeds is one of my top favorite shows, so I'm really sad to see it coming to an end. On the other hand, a part of me also thinks it's time for the show end. Finally, Weeds was actually the first show that I ever wrote a review for. I wrote a review of the show's first season for a creative writing class that I took my junior year of high school, and that's a part of why it's sad for me personally that the show is ending.

No comments :