Amazon Ad

Monday, July 21, 2014

Revenge: Brian Hallisay Cast as a Possible Love Interest for Emily in Season 4


According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Brian Hallisay has been cast in a recurring guest-star role for Revenge's upcoming fourth season. Hallisay will first appear in the season 4 premiere. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some more details on Hallisay's role:



Brian Hallisay is joining Revenge‘s upcoming fourth season in the recurring role of Ben, a new friend of Jack’s and a local cop. Fun-loving and easy going, he’s drawn to Jack’s world and especially to the people in it (including, presumably, Emily).



Link to the full article:‘Revenge’ Season 4: Brian Hallisay Cast as Ben – Emily Love Interest? | TVLine



My thoughts: As I said in this post, I'm planning to start watching Revenge again so I can blog about it on a regular basis. That being said, I've never even heard of Brian Hallisay before, but I'm definitely kind of excited about this news. I liked Emily and Daniel as a couple in season 1, but after that I wasn't a huge fan of their relationship, especially once Daniel started acting more and more like Conrad. My feelings regarding both Aiden as a character and his relationship with Emily were always somewhat mixed. A part of me would like to see Emily end up with Jack, but I feel like there's a lot of emotional baggage between Emily and Jack. For that reason, I'm not sure if a romantic relationship could ever really work between them in the long-term sense. I kind of feel like Emily should consider starting a relationship with a completely new guy, so I think the addition of Brian Hallisay and his character could possibly be a good thing for the show. Regardless of what the writers' plan for Hallisay's character is, I'm definitely excited to see what they do with his character.



No comments :