Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 30, 2014

New Girl: Julian Morris Cast as Jess' Love Interest in Season 4

JULIAN-MORRIS.jpg

According to Entertainment Weekly's Natalie Abrams,  Julian Morris will guest-star in a recurring guest-star role in New Girl's upcoming fourth season. Morris will first appear in an episode that's currently scheduled to air in October. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some more details on Morris' role:



The Once Upon a Time and Pretty Little Liars star will play Ryan, a distractingly handsome teacher who replaces Jess in the classroom now that she’s the vice principal. His confidence and swagger rub her the wrong way as she attempts to assert her authority.

As we first reported in Spoiler Room, Jess will end up falling for him. “The complication is that she’s very much his boss,” executive producer Liz Meriwether says. “Jess is fighting her feelings for this teacher at work.”



Link to the full article:'New Girl': Jess to woo 'Once Upon a Time' hunk | Inside TV | EW.com



My thoughts: Let me start out by saying that admittedly I fell behind on watching New Girl fairly early on in season 3, and I only watched a few random episodes throughout the season, mainly because I wasn't enjoying the show as much I enjoyed the show's second season. I'm planning on getting caught up on watching season 3 once it comes out on DVD this Tuesday though. That being said, I am excited about this news because I really liked Julian Morris on Once Upon a Time. I also think that Morris' character sounds very interesting, and I think that the viewers will be able expect a lot of funny moments between Jess and Ryan.

Looking back on Jess and Nick's relationship, as much as I love the chemistry between Zooey Deschanel and Jake Johnson and as much as I love the interactions between Jess and Nick, I'm not sure that Jess and Nick are compatible enough with each other to work as a couple in the long run. For that reason, I'm really excited about this news and the fact that Jess will apparently be dating a lot of different guys next season. Since it sounds like Julian Morris will only be playing one of many love interests for Jess next season, I'm not sure how long he'll be around, or if it would be worth it to get too attached to Morris' character. I'm still excited that Julian Morris will be guest-starring on New Girl next season though.

No comments :