Amazon Ad

Monday, August 18, 2014

Revenge: Nestor Serrano Cast in a Recurring Guest-Star Role for Season 4


According to TVLine's Andy Swift, Nestor Serrano has been cast in a recurring guest-star role for the upcoming fourth season of Revenge. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Serrano's role:



Nestor Serrano (Graceland) has been tapped to recur as Edward Alvarez, a “commanding and perceptive police chief” who’s (surprisingly) in Victoria’s corner, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“We’re just starting to explore his character right now,” executive producer Sunil Nayar tells us. “He’s a friend of Victoria’s on the force who really has her back at a time when she needs someone to have her back. We’re not sure exactly where we’re headed with the character, but we like the idea of her having an ally in a position of an authority.”



Link to the full article:‘Revenge’ Season 4 Spoilers — Nestor Serrano Cast As Victoria’s Friend | TVLine



My thoughts: I really liked Nestor Serrano when he guest-starred on 90210, so I'm definitely kind of excited that he'll be guest-starring on Revenge. His character sounds really interesting to me, especially since it sounds like he'll primarily be interacting with Victoria. Personally, I won't be very surprised if his character ultimately ends up having some kind of secret agenda where he's secretly scheming against Victoria, while he pretends to be Victoria's friend.

Personally, I find the fact that Sunil Nayar and the other writers for Revenge still aren't completely sure where things are going to go with Serrano's character a little concerning. I understand that there are a lot of factors that go into writing for a TV show that can ultimately influence storylines, such as an actor's availability, or the writers sometimes think that the writing takes on a life of its own, causing the story to go in a direction that was different from what the writers had originally planned. However, whenever I've read an article or an interview that Sunil Nayar has done about the show, I feel like Nayar is almost always not completely sure about where the show is going, and that hasn't always filled me with a lot of confidence when it comes to his work as showrunner and executive producer for Revenge. I'll try my best to keep an open mind and have faith that things will turn out well when it comes to the writing for Nestor Serrano's character and his portrayal of the character though.

That being said, I'm very excited for season 4 to start. While I don't think the show is as good as it was back in season one, nor do I think it will ever be that good ever again, I loved the season 3 episodes that I've seen at this point in time. The season 3 episodes that I've watched definitely left me thinking that season 3 was a significant improvement over season 2. Based on all of the other spoilers and casting news that's been announced so far, it sounds like season 4 could potentially be a great season, and I can't wait to see what happens next.





No comments :