Amazon Ad

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Young and the Restless: Justin Hartley Is The New Adam Newman


According to TVGuide's Michael Logan, Justin Hartley is joining the cast of The Young and the Restless as a recast of the role of Adam Newman. The role of Adam Newman was previously played by Michael Muhney, who was fired from the show last December. Hartley will start filming for the show in late September and is currently scheduled to first appear on the show during November sweeps. Here's an excerpt from the article where Hartley talks about joining the show and his thoughts on working on a soap opera for the first time since he left Passions in 2006 in order to pursue a career in prime time TV.



"I'm so pumped about joining Y&R — I watch it all the time and can't wait to get in there and get my hands dirty!" says Hartley, who kicked off his career in 2002 with the daytime serial Passions. "I have great respect for daytime drama. I love the branding. I love the style. What can I say? I love good soap!"

And he doesn't see this Y&R gig as a step back. After a string of terrific performances in primetime — he was Green Arrow on Smallville, Victoria Craig's illegit gay son Patrick on Revenge, and Scott, the kinky plastic surgeon on Mistresses — Hartley says, "It's all about story and character with me and I don't care if the job is on daytime or primetime or the web. Hey, give me a good character and someone to listen and I'll do my acting on a street corner."

Hartley says he met with Y&R exec producer Jill Farren Phelps and CBS Daytime czarina Angelica McDaniel to talk about the Adam role and "came away feeling very excited. The powers that be are smart, lovely people with kind hearts. It'll be wonderful going to work knowing I'm really wanted." Bonus perk: The L.A.-based job keeps Hartley near 10-year-old Isabella, his daughter from his former marriage to actress Lindsay Hartley.

Truth be told, he is a little nervous. "Y&R is the No. 1 show and the acting company is exceptional," Hartley says. "There's no period of adjustment with these people and that's daunting. I don't just have to be fantastic, I have to be fantastic right now!"




Link to the full article:Exclusive: Justin Hartley Joins The Young and the Restless - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com



My thoughts: Now that Justin Hartley has joined the cast as a recast of Adam Newman, I think I’m going to have to start watching The Young and The Restless. I’ve been a huge fan of Justin’s ever since he joined the cast of Passions back in 2002, and I’ve loved him on every show that I’ve seen him on since he left Passions in 2006, especially Revenge. Justin Hartley joining the cast wouldn’t be the only reason why I’m interested in watching The Young and The Restless though.

I’m also a huge fan of Melissa Claire Egan and Steve Burton. I’ve watched some of their scenes from the show on YouTube, and I’ve always been very intrigued by their characters, especially Chelsea. Plus, I loved Eileen Davidson on Days of Our Lives, and I would love to see her on The Young and The Restless. All in all, I’m thrilled that Justin Hartley has joined the cast of The Young and The Restless, and I’m seriously considering watching The Young and The Restless now. :)

No comments :