Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gossip Girl: Someone get me a Red Bull to help me get through this snooze fest of an episode. (My thoughts on episode 4x15 It-Girl Happened One Night)


Let me start off by saying that I thought that pretty much everything about this episode was a complete and total snooze fest. I’m so sick of Serena and her relationship with Ben. The whole thing is just way too awkward considering the fact that he used to be her teacher when she was at boarding school. Besides, didn’t he already tell her that he didn’t have feelings for her and that he didn’t think they should be together?

Besides, Ben lied to her about getting a job as a cater waiter and told her that he had been hired to be a tutor for a high school student. The fact that he’s lying to her just proves that Ben and Serena’s relationship is doomed to failure. In the end, Serena learned that Ben had been lying to her after Blair spotted him working at the party that they were at while she was being interviewed for W Magazine. In the end, they talked and spent time together toward the very end of Valentine’s Day, which was kind of nice, but yeah, I still don’t care about Serena and Ben’s relationship.

My other main complaint about this episode is the ongoing storyline with Russell Thorpe trying to buy Bass Industries while Chuck is trying to prevent the sale of the company by having Lily fired from the board of Bass Industries. I also don’t really care for Chuck’s relationship with Raina Thorpe. It’s just doing absolutely nothing for me. I really wish the writers would stop doing storylines about Chuck aspiring to be a successful businessman. They are all beyond boring. Also, what’s the deal with Raina suddenly being the latest “It-Girl”? We never even heard of Raina until three episodes ago. Declaring Raina the latest “It-Girl” is just beyond stupid to me.

I have to admit that I’m glad that Raina found out that Chuck was basically using her to try and get Bass Industries back when she walked in on him talking to Blair about his relationship with Raina. I’m so glad that Raina basically kicked Chuck to the curb. Although, I don’t think it was fair of Chuck to blame Blair for Raina dumping him. He definitely brought that all on himself. I’m so over Blair and Chuck as a couple. I can’t believe I was ever a Chair shipper.

There were only a few things that I liked about this episode. First and foremost were the scenes between Dan and Blair. I really loved their scenes together in this episode when he was looking for someone to read an article that he wrote, and I always have loved their scenes together. I’m really glad that Blair was willing to admit that she liked his article when she told Dan that she had already submitted it to several magazines. I also thought it was really sweet that they ended up watching the movie Rosemary’s Baby on their laptops while they talked to each other on the phone as they were lying in their beds at their houses at the end of the episode. Their blossoming friendship is definitely my favorite thing about the second half of season four.

I also liked the conversation between Dan and Eric about the fact that Eric had been taking pills to cope with his emotional pain and their Valentine’s Day plans. I also absolutely loved it when Damien showed up at the end of the episode to surprise Eric while he was doing volunteer work and basically blackmailed him into helping him do some things that were illegal by threatening to expose the fact that Lily forged Serena’s signature on the affidavit that resulted in Ben being sent to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. I always love it when Damien pops up to cause trouble. He really is a very interesting character.

The one last thing that I liked about this episode was the fact that what little screen time that Nate had in this episode was centered around Nate’s continual concern for his dad working for Thorpe Enterprises. I’m so glad that Nate’s dad wised up and quit his job before he got framed for anything he didn’t actually do. As much as I hate Chuck’s storyline with him trying to get Bass Industries back from Russell Thorpe, I do like that Nate’s dad agreed to use his security keycard to get information from Thorpe Enterprises to help Chuck before it was deactivated.

All in all, there really was very the little about this episode that I liked other than the scenes between Dan and Blair, Nate’s small storyline with his dad, and Damien showing up at the end of the episode. That being said, I give this episode a rating of a D+.

No comments :