Amazon Ad

Monday, December 17, 2012

Gossip Girl: And the real identity of Gossip Girl is...

Let me just say that I haven't watched the series finale of Gossip Girl yet since I had to work tonight, but I'm about to start watching the finale now. Anyway, I thought that I would post the identity of Gossip Girl here on my blog in case anyone else who hasn't watched the series finale yet for one reason or another still wants to know who Gossip Girl is. That being said, Gossip Girl is none other than...




....Dan Humphrey!



Like I said, I haven't watched the series finale yet, so I don't know how the whole reveal played out, but right off the top of my head, I think Dan being Gossip Girl is both brilliant and weird/confusing. For some reason, a part of me had a feeling that Dan would end up being Gossip Girl, so I like it in that sense. On the other hand, a part of me thinks it's stupid that the writers had Gossip Girl end up being a guy. I understand that the show is based off the book series Gossip Girl, so they couldn't really change the title of the show to leave the possibility open for Gossip Girl to be revealed as one of the guys on the show down the road though. Also, it also bothers me that Dan ended up being Gossip Girl since Gossip Girl played a role in Chuck and Blair's limo accident last season, which caused Blair to have a miscarriage. Dan was supposed to be in love with Blair at the time, so the idea of him playing a role in Blair losing her baby kind of tarnishes Dan as a character for me personally in retrospect even more than the writers already had in the season five finale and throughout the final season. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about the reveal of Dan being Gossip Girl until after I watch the series finale.

No comments :