Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gossip Girl: Blair pimps Chuck and Nate out to have sex with her boss. What show is this? Hung? (My thoughts on episode 4.14: Panic Roommates)


I have to say that I found this episode fairly boring and extremely frustrating. I found it very difficult to care about most of the storylines in this episode. Given my lack of enjoyment for this episode, I’m going to try and make this thoughts post as brief as possible.

Let me start by talking about the things that I liked about this episode:

My favorite storyline was definitely Blair trying to get Chuck to seduce her boss, Epperly, because she was worried that Epperly would give her a bad performance review since she was so stressed out about work, and when that didn’t work out, she convinced Nate to spend time with Epperly, which proved to be somewhat more successful. While I do prefer Nate’s storylines that are centered around his family over storylines involving his love life, I always love Blair’s schemes so I enjoyed Nate in this episode.

Another thing I liked about this episode was Dan being upset about Ben moving into the loft with him after Rufus offered to let him stay there. I’m also glad that Dan called Serena out on her relationship with Ben. I’m so sick of watching Serena’s romantic escapades in every episode.

I’m glad that they mentioned Juliet in this episode, and that they showed Ben getting a call from her on his cell phone. It’s good to see that they mentioned Juliet even though Juliet’s whole vendetta against Serena storyline is over Ben is out of prison now. I just wish that the writers had kept Juliet around.

I love that they said that Nate’s favorite movie is The Sound of Music and that Blair threatened to tell everyone that it was Nate’s favorite movie. That was absolutely hilarious. :)

Lastly, I love that they once again featured Damien in this episode. I always love watching him whenever he appears in an episode. It was really fun watching him scheme with Eric to get Ben out of the picture. That storyline got even better when Dan helped them with their scheme to make it look like Ben had attacked Damien at the party that they went to so that he would get arrested. I always love it when the writers let Dan’s schemer side come out. I also loved the end of the episode when Dan and Nate told Damien that they had just told his dad everything that he had been up to. I have to say that I felt sorry for Eric when he told Rufus that he was spending time with Damien because he thought that Damien was the only one who really understood him. I thought that was really sad.

Anyway onto the things that I didn’t like about this episode:

The thing that I hated the most about this episode is definitely Serena and her relationship with Ben. I couldn’t care less about her love life and all of the storylines that they’ve had about Serena’s love life if I tried to. I know that Serena is a major character in the Gossip Girl book series, but at this point, I think the show would be a lot better off without Serena. I really think the writers should write Serena off the show, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

The next thing that I didn’t like about this episode was definitely the ongoing storyline with Russell Thorpe and Raina Thorpe buying Bass Industries, and Chuck trying to use and manipulate Raina in order to keep them from buying Bass Industries. That whole storyline is a total snooze fest. I’m so sick of Chuck acting like a middle-aged businessman. I really wish the writers would do something that didn’t involve his countless romantic flings or his aspirations to be a successful businessman like his dad was. Chuck really needs to start acting his age instead of always acting a lot older than he actually is.

I could say the same thing about Epperly giving Blair her job at the end of the episode when she decided to go a vacation with her boyfriend from college that she ran into at the party that W Magazine had. I know that this is a TV show, so viewers have to suspend their disbelief, but I feel like the writers of Gossip Girl expect the viewers to do that way too much. The kids on the show have always acted older than they actually are, but I feel like starting with season three, the writers slowly started to go way too overboard with writing the kids on the show that way. That’s one of the reasons why I love 90210 more than I love Gossip Girl, the kids on the show actually act their age, unlike the characters on Gossip Girl.

There’s no way a fashion magazine would make a sophomore college student the editor of their magazine. I did love it when Blair asked Epperly if she was having a psychotic break when she walked into her office and Blair thought that she was going to be upset with her for the gift bags for the party being sent to the wrong location. That line was hilarious, and it was definitely classic Blair, if you ask me.

All in all, even though I enjoyed certain things about this episode, I feel like this was a rather mediocre episode. That being said, I give this episode a rating of a C.

No comments :