Amazon Ad

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grey's Anatomy: Sarah Drew Talks Season 8 Finale, Death, and Season 9-TVLine



According to TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich, Sarah Drew will be returning for season 9 of Grey's Anatomy. In the article, Drew talks about the season 8 finale, Lexie's death and what's ahead in season 9. Here's an excerpt from the article where Drew talks about returning for season 9 and hints at what will be happening with April in season 9:



The happy news for Drew is that while series boss Shonda Rhimes has been hinting that Lexie and Teddy might not be the only faces not returning this fall, she already has received her official pick-up letter in the mail, “so I’m definitely back,” she reports.

Not that she didn’t have a scare or two as Season 8 drew to a close. “Anybody can go at any time, especially on Grey’s…. so there was always that bit of trepidation,” she admits. “But I’m in this place in my life where I have to let go and say, ‘Whatever will be, will be. If I get killed off, I get killed off.’

“But I’m really glad I didn’t get killed off,” she makes clear.

Nonetheless, April’s professional prospects are likely to be few after not passing the boards. “She’s going to freak out, I am sure,” Drew ventures. “I’m really excited to see what happens.”

Maybe April will soothe the professional sting by focusing on her personal life – namely how Jackson Avery (played by Jesse Williams), who late last season became Kepner’s first lover, fits into it?

“They have a very deep friendship. But I don’t know if that’s going to evolve into a romance or not,” Drew says. “I think it could be really interesting either way.”



Link to the full article:Sarah Drew Talks Grey's Anatomy Finale Death, Season 9 - TVLine



My thoughts: I'm thrilled that Sarah Drew will be returning for season 9. I loved April in season 8, and I'm really excited to see where things go with April in season 9, especially considering the fact that she failed her boards. It will be really interesting to see how the writers handle that.

No comments :