Amazon Ad

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dallas (TNT series): Oh, my god! This is what I was I hoping the show was going to be like! (My quick thoughts on episode 1x05 Truth and Consequences)


First off, let me apologize for not having my thoughts post for episode 1x04 "The Last Hurrah" written and posted yet. Since this was the week of the fourth of July, I thought that there wasn't going to be a new episode this week, but I guess I got confused since Suits, Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy were all on a break this week. Honestly, I'm surprised that TNT decided to air a new episode the week of the fourth of July. A lot of the TV shows that I watch took the week off, probably because the networks figured the ratings wouldn't be very good this week because of the holiday. The ratings for this week's episode apparently didn't drop all that much though, which is good, because this was an awesome episode. I should have my post for last week's episode written and posted soon, as well as a more detailed thoughts post on this episode posted as soon as possible. Anyway, here are a few of my quick thoughts on the episode.

After absolutely loving the first two episodes that made up the two-hour series premiere, I found myself being rather disappointed by the third and fourth episode, which is one of the reasons why I haven't written my post for last week's episode yet. I was starting to wonder if the only good episodes of TNT's Dallas were going to be the first two episodes, but this episode proved to me what a great show this is going to be.

Part of the reason why I loved this episode so much is that I feel like the writers really amped up the action in this episode. Maybe this sounds weird, but watching this episode also reminded me of how much I've come to love the show Revenge. I'm really surprised that Rebecca confessed to Christopher that she's the one who sent the email to Elena and that she's been scheming with Tommy so quickly. I really thought that the writers would stretch that out at least to the end of the season. It will be really interesting to see how the writers will keep Rebecca around now that the truth is out and Christopher has kicked her to the curb. Part of me thinks that she's going to end up finding out that she's pregnant and Christopher will feel obligated to stay married to her for the sake of the baby. I guess it depends on how much of a soap opera the writers want to make that storyline.

Out of all the characters from the younger generation, John Ross continues to be my favorite. John Ross definitely comes across as a younger version of J.R., which makes him one of the most interesting characters on the show, if you ask me.

Out of all the characters from the original series, Bobby continues to be my least favorite character on the show. I've always liked Patrick Duffy in all of the other TV shows that that I've seen him on before this, but I can't stand him as Bobby Ewing. He absolutely annoys the hell out of me on this show.

The whole thing with Ann asking her ex-husband, Harris Ryland, to stop doing business with Ewing Oil looks like that could potentially be a very interesting storyline. One thing is for sure though, Harris is beyond creepy. He doesn't seem like the type of person that you would want to be forced to trust, not even if your life depended on it.

I have to say that I really missed not having Linda Gray in this episode. I'm really liking Sue Ellen so far, but Linda Gray's absence from this episode didn't affect my enjoyment of this episode too much.

I've only watched this episode once at the moment, and I watched it on Thursday morning, so I'm not ready to give the episode a final rating until I write my more detailed post on this episode. However, I do think that this just might be the best episode yet of the show.

No comments :