Amazon Ad

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Body of Proof: Elyes Gabel Joins the Cast as a Series Regular for Season 3-TVLine



According to TVLine's Kimberly Roots, Elyes Gabel is joining the cast of Body of Proof as a series regular for season 3. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Gabel's role:



Game of Thrones alum Elyes Gabel has been cast as smart, cocky Det. Adam Schaeffer on the ABC drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Proof showrunners Matthew Gross and Christopher Murphey first alerted TVLine to the new roles just after series regulars Nicholas Bishop, John Carroll Lynch and Sonja Sohn were let go earlier this summer. Fringe’s Mark Valley filled the first spot: Det. Tommy Sullivan, a onetime love interest of Megan’s who transfers to Philadelphia to win her back.

The second addition, Gabel’s Adam, “is a guy who thinks that he knows it all,” Gross said at the time. “He’s wise beyond his years, but doesn’t have the experience to back it up. And he might get himself in some trouble along the way for running his mouth off.”



Link to the full article:Body of Proof Casts Elyes Gabel Season 3 - TVLine







My thoughts: Honestly, I'm not too crazy about all of the changes that producers are making to the cast of Body of Proof as a part of this "revamp" for season 3. I liked the show just the way it was for the first two seasons of the show, and I think this show is a very clever take on the crime solving TV drama genre. I loved the dynamic between Megan and Peter, and it was one of my favorite things about the show. I'm definitely going to miss not having Nicholas Bishop on the show.

I know that all of the these changes to the show are apparently the producers' decision and not the network's, but a part of me can't stop wondering what the point was of ABC renewing the show for a third season if they are basically going to turn Body of Proof into a completely different show. Even though I'm not very happy with all of the changes that they are making to the show at the moment, I'm going to try and keep an open mind and wait until season 3 starts before I make any definitive opinion regarding the "revamped" Body of Proof. I just hope all of these changes don't complete blow up in the faces of all the producers of Body of Proof.

No comments :