Amazon Ad

Monday, April 9, 2012

Smash Preview--Uma Thurman's Debut, Episode 10-TVLine

Here's an article by TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich, which gives a preview of tonight's episode, episode 1x10 "Understudy". In the article, Megan Hilty (Ivy) talks about how the arrival of Uma Thurman's character, Rebecca Duvall, will affect the future of the musical. Here's an excerpt from the article where Hilty comments on the character Rebecca:



“The reception [Rebecca] gets is very mixed,” Megan Hilty, who plays Ivy, previews for TVLine. “Some people think she will save the show, some think she’ll do damage to it… and some don’t see any need for a star.”

Ivy, we presume, falls into the latter camp?

“Movie stars are always a threat to everybody,” says Hilty, who has spent her share of time on the planks. “The more famous you are, especially on Broadway, the more you trump everybody else.”


The article also includes the following brief comment on the season 1 finale:



But widening the rift between rivals Karen and Ivy may be the least of Rebecca’s impact upon the struggling production. With Thurman’s five-episode arc set to lead right into the Season 1 finale, EP Neil Maron says the way Smash‘s freshman run ends “is going to be a cliffhanger.” He adds that as the musical heads for its first out-of-town tryout, in Boston, the matter of “who is going to be playing Marilyn is still a big question.” 


Link to the full article:Smash Preview -- Uma Thurman's Debut, Episode 10 - TVLine


My thoughts: I have to admit that at this point in time, I haven't watched Smash past episode two because it wasn't able to hold my attention very well as I was watching it. I'm not sure if that's because I felt like I had O.D. on music related TV shows after watching The Voice for two hours before those episodes of Smash started, or if I simply thought the show was boring. I've been thinking about giving Smash another chance and if I should try watching a couple episodes on Hulu sometime when I haven't just finished watching The Voice before I start watching Smash. What I've heard about Uma Therman's character Rebecca has really intrigued me, so I kind of want to see her on the show for myself instead of just reading recaps of the episodes. I would love to hear from my readers in the comment section if they think if Smash is worth me giving it another chance or not, so please, share your insights with me. :)

No comments :