Amazon Ad

Monday, June 25, 2012

Criminal Minds News: Matthew Gray Gubler Inks New Two-Year Deal With the CBS Procedural-TVLine



According to TVLine's Vlada Gelman, Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year contract with Criminal Minds. Here's an excerpt from the article:

Although his contract was up at the end of last season, showrunner Erica Messer was very optimistic that Gubler — who plays the super-intelligent Dr. Reid, a fan favorite — would return to the series. “He’s such a staple of the show,” she told TVLine in May. “He really loves to play his sweet, vulnerable, smart Reid. … If Matthew was going in that direction [of leaving], I think he’s the kind of guy who would have said so.”

Still, Season 8 will be full of cast changes. Big Love‘s Jeanne Tripplehorn will join the drama as a series regular, filling the void left by departing cast member Paget Brewster, who chose not to return after her contract expired with the May finale. Tripplehorn’s new profiler will be introduced in the premiere.



Link to the full article:Matthew Gray Gubler Re-signs With Criminal Minds -- Season 8 - TVLine



My thoughts: While I wasn't too worried that Matthew Gray Gubler wouldn't be signing a new contract after I read Erica Messer's statement back in May, it's nice to have official confirmation that he will be staying on the show.  I initially decided to start watching Criminal Minds about a year ago because Thomas Gibson is one of the stars of the show and I've been a big fan of his ever since he was on Dharma & Greg, but I quickly found myself thinking of Reid as being my favorite character on the show. I wouldn't have stopped watching the show if Gubler had decided to leave, because I love Hotch and a lot of the other characters on the show, but I definitely would have been very sad if he had decided to leave. I'm thrilled that's not the case though. I know that I've already said this before, but I'm really excited that Jeanne Tripplehorn is joining the cast of Criminal Minds. I think she's a very talented actress, and I'm a huge fan of hers.

No comments :