Amazon Ad

Friday, August 24, 2012

Grey’s Anatomy: Tessa Ferrer Joins the Cast For Season 9-TVLine

Grey's Anatomy Season 9

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Tessa Ferrer has joined the cast of Grey's Anatomy in a recurring guest-star role for season 9. Here's an excerpt from the article:



Little is known about her character, but it’s a safe bet that she will be playing one of the new interns at S.G. — or possibly another hospital to be featured in the coming season. (Remember, several of the docs were due to relocate to new jobs before that plane crash.)



Link to the full article:‘Grey’s Anatomy’Season 9 — New Girl: Tessa Ferrer Joins Cast - TVLine



My thoughts: I've never heard of Tessa Ferrer before, so I can't comment on her acting ability, but I'm definitely anxious to see how she along with all the other new recurring guest-star roles will fit into Grey's Anatomy's ninth season. I have to say that I'm both intrigued and a little annoyed at the moment regarding the mystery surrounding all of the new recurring guest-stars. On the one hand, I'm excited to see what the show is like having it set at various locations next season. Also, I'm wondering if the doctors who leave Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital will end up returning to the hospital at some point.

On the other hand, I wish the producers would at least give people some minor details about the characters that these new reccuring guest-stars will be playing instead of keeping the viewers completely in the dark. Also, I hope the writers handle this new format for the show well and that they don't let the new guest-stars take too much screen time away from the series regulars that have either been on the show since it started or have been series regulars for several seasons now. Also, if the writers are going to insist on adding a bunch of new characters to the show, I hope they are well written characters that the viewers will care about instead of poorly written characters that they are just adding to the show to fill the void of the people who have left the show like the writers of Melrose Place did after a bunch of the actors left at the end of season 5 and the beginning of season 6. I'll try to keep an open mind about these new characters though.

No comments :