Amazon Ad

Monday, August 25, 2014

Modern Family: Steve Zahn cast in a recurring guest-star role for season 6

Steve Zahn Modern Family

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Steve Zahn has been cast in a recurring guest-star role for the upcoming sixth season of Modern Family. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Zahn's role:



Steve Zahn (Treme, Mind Games) is joining Modern Family‘s upcoming sixth season in the recurring role of Ronnie, the patriarch of the new family that moves in next door to the Dunphys.

Word is Ronnie and his brood will be the neighbors from hell.



Link to the full article:Steve Zahn Joins ‘Modern Family’ Season 6 Cast — Dunphy’s New Neighbor | TVLine



My thoughts: I've seen Steve Zahn in a few things over the years, and I've always liked him. However, as great of a show as Modern Family is, I feel like the writers have always been rather inconsistent when it comes to introducing good and genuinely funny recurring characters on the show. For example, I love Phil's dad, Dylan, Cameron's parents, and Walt was a great character to feature on the show before the writers killed him off. There are also times when I absolutely love Andy. Although, for the record, there have also been times when I've thought that Andy was rather preachy and annoying too though. I've also never really liked Sal or Pepper all that much, but they have had their moments.

That being said, I'm hoping the "neighbors from hell" aspect of Ronnie and his family will be played for laughs and will be genuinely funny. I'm cautiously excited about this news, because I think the addition of Ronnie and his family to the show could potentially create some great storytelling opportunities for Phil, Claire and the rest of the Dunphy family and maybe even all of the other characters on the show as well.


No comments :