Amazon Ad

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Modern Family: Kristen Johnston to Guest-Star in Season 6 Episode


According to TVLine's Michael Slezak, Kristen Johnston will be guest-starring in an episode of Modern Family's upcoming sixth season. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Johnston's role:



TVLine has learned that the two-time Emmy winner (Third Rock From the Sun, The Exes) has landed a plum Season 6 role as Mitchell’s law firm colleague.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s unsuspecting newlywed will invite Johnston’s coworker character  “to spend the night, because she is going through a tough time…but he has no idea the extent to which she is unraveling emotionally.”



Link to the full article:‘Modern Family’ Season 6 Casts Kristen Johnston as Mitchell’s Work Friend | TVLine



My thoughts: I've been a huge fan of Kristen Johnston's ever since she was on Third Rock From the Sun, and I absolutely love her on The Exes, so personally I'm very excited about this casting news. That being said, I do think that the storyline that her character will be involved in sounds rather bizarre, and I have a feeling that the comedy and the humor that this storyline will consist of will be rather over-the-top. Hopefully, this storyline will be genuinely funny instead of being painfully awkward and uncomfortable to watch. However, I've always thought that Johnston handles over-the-top and bizarre comedic situations on TV shows flawlessly, so I think that Johnston's role on Modern Family will really play to her strengths as an actress quite well. All things considered, I really am very excited about this news.

No comments :