Amazon Ad

Friday, July 21, 2017

OwlCrate Unboxing: July 2017 (Wanderlust)

Here's what I got in my July 2017 OwlCrate box, which came in the mail today. The theme for July's box is "Wanderlust".



My July @owlcrate box came in the mail today, and I absolutely love it! 😀 First and foremost, I'm beyond excited about the fact that the book of the month is @themackenzilee's The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, because it was one of my most anticipated book releases of the summer. I'm really excited to read and review it for my blog. 😀 It really means a lot to me personally that the owners of OwlCrate are very open and willing to pick books that prominently feature LGBT characters. One of my biggest hopes that I had in regards to the overall vision that I've had for my blog going all the way back to when I first started my blog was to review books (and previously TV shows) that feature LGBT characters from time to time. I'm very thankful to OwlCrate for helping me accomplish that particular goal of mine on multiple occasions. While I loved Of Fire and Stars and The Upside of Unrequited, I'm especially excited about The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue since the main character (Monty) is a guy who's bisexual. I feel like I haven't come across too many male bisexual characters in books. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Monty's sexual orientation is portrayed in the book. As for the items that in this month's box, I absolutely love the map that comes with the book. Plus, Mackenzi Lee's letter is perhaps the most fun author's letter that I've ever received in an OwlCrate box. My favorite item in the box is definitely the Lord of the Rings inspired backpack. I'm definitely going to use it like there's no tomorrow to keep my books in when I run errands or go on a trip. 😀 (I showed my mom a picture of the backpack, and she liked it, too. 😀) My second favorite item in box is definitely the Newt Scamander keychain. That being said, I'm embarrassed to admit that I still haven't seen the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 😟 I've been an OwlCrate subscriber since December of 2015, and this is definitely one of the most fun OwlCrate boxes that I've received so far. 😀 #owlcrate #wanderlust #thegentlemansguidetoviceandvirtue #mackenzilee #thelordoftherings #fantasticbeastsandwheretofindthem #bookstagram #bookhaul
A post shared by Taylor Glissman (@tmswriter6) on



Plans start at $29.99, plus shipping. The people who run OwlCrate are all very nice, and they’re really great at answering any questions that people may have about OwlCrate on Twitter, or via email. I highly recommend subscribing to OwlCrate, especially if you’re a fan of YA books. If you’re interested in learning more about OwlCrate, or subscribing to it, you can check out their website here. For the record, I wasn’t asked by the people who run OwlCrate to promote their business on my blog; I’m only mentioning OwlCrate here because I really love OwlCrate a lot, especially now that I’m reviewing books for my blog instead of TV shows. 

Finally, in case you’re unaware, I've reviewed Jeff Zentner’s debut novel, The Serpent King, which was OwlCrate’s book of the month for March of last year when the theme was "Writer’s Block". I've also reviewed P.S. I Like You by Kasie Westwhich was the book of the month for August of last year when the theme was "Fast Times at Y.A. High"; as well Audrey Coulthurst's book, Of Fire and Stars, which was the December 2016 book of the month when the theme was "Epic".

No comments :