Amazon Ad

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Big C: Renewed For a Fourth and Final Season-TVLine

Laura Linney The Big C

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Showtime has renewed The Big C for a short fourth and final season, which will consist of four one-hour episodes. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on The Big C's renewal:



The cancer dramedy’s series finale will air on Sept. 16.

Safe to assume the series will conclude with Laura Linney’s Cathy succumbing to her illness? ”I wouldn’t assume anything about how its going to end,” Nevins warned. “They have a very interesting, novel and form-breaking way to handle where the show is going.”



Link to the full article:The Big C Renewed For Season Four -- Final Season - TVLine



My thoughts: While I'm glad that Showtime has renewed The Big C for a fourth and final season, I really wish that they had renewed it for more than just four episodes. I think it would have been better if they had renewed it for at least eight episodes like they did with The L Word's sixth and final season. Maybe the writers will prove me wrong, but I don't think four episodes is enough to give the show a satisfying ending.

No comments :