Amazon Ad

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Scandal: Promotes Bellamy Young to Series Regular for Season 2-TVLine

Scandal Bellamy Young




According to TVLine's Vlada Gelman, Bellamy Young who played the recurring guest-star role of First Lady Mellie Grant throughout season 1 has been promoted to series regular for season 2 of Scandal. Here's an excerpt from the original article, which gives some information on the character Mellie for people who haven't watched Scandal yet or aren't very familiar with the character:



Young’s character is, of course, married to Tony Goldwyn’s President Fitzgerald Thomas Grant, who once (and almost again) an affair with Kerry Washington’s fixer, Olivia Pope. The promotion suggests that Mellie will be lurking around every corner ensuring that Olivia upholds her end of the season-ending bargain she made, and keeps her mitts off Fitz.



Link to the full article:Scandal Promotes Bellamy Young to Series Regular for Season 2 - TVLine



My thoughts: I've only seen two episodes of Scandal at this point in time, so I don't really have any definitive opinion of the character Mellie, but I've seen Bellamy Young in a lot of other TV shows that she has guest-starred in over the years, namely Dirty Sexy Money. I always liked her in the other TV shows that I've seen her in, so from that standpoint I'm happy about this news.

No comments :