Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 18, 2012

ABC Family Renews Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy, Orders More Episodes of Bunheads and Cancels Jane By Design

http://cdn.media.abcfamily.com/a/images/image-util/300x225/895562fef4fe442931a852938b4017c1.jpg

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, ABC Family has renewed Melissa & Joey, Switched at Birth and Baby Daddy for another season. They've also ordered additional episodes of Bunheads, while Jane By Design has been canceled. Here's an excerpt from the article:



The Bunheads extension (which is rumored to be around eight episodes) ensures that Monday’s episode will be a summer and not a series finale. The Sutton Foster-Kelly Bishop dramedy is expected to resume production in October and return on air in early ’13.

Melissa & Joey will be heading into its third season, while Switched at Birth and Baby Daddy will both be entering Season 2. (The second half of SaB‘s rookie season bows Sept. 3; Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey wrap Season 1 and Season 2, respectively, on Aug. 29.)

Finally, the decision to pull the plug on the struggling Jane By Design comes just weeks after the show ended its first season with 1.2 million viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, representing half of its Pretty Little Liars lead-in.



Link to the full article:Bunheads Renewed — Jane By Design Cancelled - TVLine



My thoughts: I absolutely love Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Switched at Birth, so I'm beyond thrilled that they've all been renewed. Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy aren't the best TV shows ever, but they are still pretty good and a lot of fun to watch after a long day. Switched at Birth is also a really great show, so I'm really happy that it's been renewed. I've only seen one episode of Jane By Design, but I really liked it, so I'm definitely kind of sad about it being canceled. As for Bunheads, I haven't watched that show, so I don't really have an opinion about that show other than it doesn't look very good based on the promos for the show that I've seen. I loved Gilmore Girls, but I'm not planning on watching on Bunheads.

No comments :