Amazon Ad

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Bold and the Beautiful: Ronn Moss leaving | Inside TV | EW.com

ronn-moss.jpg

According to Entertainment Weekly's Tanner Stransky, Ronn Moss has decided to leave the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful after being with the show since its debut in 1987. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Moss' exit:



Production company Bell Phillip Television confirmed the exit. “Ronn has spent an amazing 25 years with B&B,” a rep for Bell Phillip said in a statement. “We will always consider him family, and we wish him only the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Moss was one of the so-called “core four” on Bold, referring to the foursome of original actors still on the show, including Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester, John McCook as Eric Forrester, and Katherine Kelly Lang as Brooke Logan.

Moss will shoot his final scenes for The Bold and the Beautiful this Tuesday, Aug. 14, and his last episode will air on a yet-to-be-determined date in September. (As a bit of hope for you fans out there: Big soap stars can — and sometimes do — return after leaving.)



Link to the full article:Ronn Moss leaving 'The Bold and the Beautiful' | Inside TV | EW.com







My thoughts: Let me start off by saying that I've only been watching The Bold and the Beautiful for the last four years, so I probably don't have the same level appreciation for the show that people who have been watching the show since it first started. That being said, when I first started watching the show the character Ridge Forrester and the way Ronn Moss played the part absolutely annoyed the hell out of me. The character Ridge and Ronn's acting has grown on me over time, but I'm still not a huge fan of Ridge as a character or of Ronn as an actor, so there's definitely a part of me that's glad that Ronn is leaving the show.

My feelings aside, I do feel bad for the fans of the show who do really like Ronn Moss and the character Ridge. This is definitely big news since he's currently one of the four remaining original cast members. It will be interesting to see how the writers will handle Moss' exit and what this means for Brooke since Brooke and Ridge are supposed to be soul mates. While I've never been a very big fan of Ronn Moss or Ridge, I've always loved the character Brooke and Katherine Kelly Lang as an actress. Hopefully, Ronn Moss leaving the show won't hurt The Bold and the Beautiful's ratings too much.

No comments :