Amazon Ad

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Endings: Jane’s Lesbian Girlfriend is Briga Heelan-TVLine

Happy Endings Briga Heelan Jane Girlfriend

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Briga Heelan will be guest-starring in a season 3 episode of Happy Endings as Jane's ex-girlfriend. (Yes, you read that correctly, Jane has an ex-girlfriend.) Here's an excerpt from the article:


TVLine has learned that Heelan, who recurs as Grayson’s baby mama on C-Town, has been cast as Ryan, an ex-lover of Jane’s whose reappearance makes hubby Brad intensely uncomfortable. (An ex-boyfriend, he can deal with. An ex-girlfriend? Not so much.)

Heelan is slated to guest star in the 10th episode of Happy Endings‘ third season, which (at long last) kicks off on Oct. 23.



Link to the full article:‘Happy Endings’ Season 3 Spoilers — Jane’s Lesbian Girlfriend is Briga Heelan - TVLine



My thoughts: I've never seen any of the episodes of Cougar Town that Briga Heelan guest-starred in, so I can't comment on her acting. I love the idea of Jane having an ex-girlfriend though, so I can't wait to see this episode. Being bisexual myself, I really like how the writers of Happy Endings have portrayed the LGBT community throughout the show's run. It's very refreshing to see gay characters on TV that aren't clichéd and stereotypical portrayals of the LGBT community where the characters' sexuality isn't their defining characteristic. If you ask me, Max's most prominent character traits are that he's a slacker and slob, his sexual orientation is simply just another facet of who he is as a character. That being said, I'm sure that the writers will do a great job with this storyline for Jane as well.

That being said, Happy Endings is a really great show, when it comes to me deciding what my favorite comedy on TV right now is, it's pretty much a tie between It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Happy Endings for me. After Happy Endings' phenomenal second season it definitely bumped Modern Family to second or third place on the list of my top favorite comedies. If anyone who happens to be reading this isn't already watching this show, then they definitely need to check Happy Endings out.

No comments :