Amazon Ad

Monday, July 21, 2014

Revenge: My reasons for watching season 4 when it starts

Back when Revenge was airing its second season, for a variety of reasons I fell behind on watching the show at some point during the season, and I didn’t get around to finishing the season until the middle of the summer. As I was getting caught up on watching season 2, watching Revenge quickly began to feel like an obnoxious chore that I was forced to do, so I canceled my Amazon order of the season 2 DVD set and I didn’t even watch the show at all when season 3 started. However, I did casually read some recaps of the episodes on TVLine when the season started, and I’ll admit that I became somewhat curious about finding out who it was that shot Emily in the season 3 premiere flash forward.

Ultimately, I decided to watch the episode “Exodus” when it aired, and I found that the show was a combination of being an improvement over season two and a mere, faint shadow of the great show it was in its first season. That episode wasn’t enough to get me watching the show again on a regular basis though. However, a few weeks ago I decided to watch the season 3 premiere, mainly because I was bored one day and I had downloaded it for free from the iTunes store back when the episode originally aired. Like “Exodus”, I found the season 3 premiere to simultaneously be an improvement over season two and a mere, faint shadow of the great show it was in its first season.

That being said, after giving it a lot of thought, I’ve decided that I’ll watch the show and review it on a regular basis when Revenge’s fourth season starts. My reasons for this being that the things that I post about Revenge on here brings in a fair amount of traffic. Plus, I think it’ll be a lot of fun watching a TV show so I can unleash a flurry of snark and mockery upon the show whenever I review it, and the main reason that I’ve ever written anything is because writing is something that I love to do in order to have fun. Don’t be mistaken, that doesn’t mean that I’ve automatically decided to act like a complete and total hater of the show without even waiting for season 4 to start, or that I’m not open to the possibility that season 4 of Revenge could ultimately prove to be a great season. Unfortunately, I’ve essentially given up on the idea that the show could possibly ever return to the greatness of season 1.


No comments :