Amazon Ad

Friday, August 29, 2014

Modern Family: Andrea Anders cast in a recurring guest-star role for season 6

Modern Family Andrea Anders

According to Entertainment Weekly's Natalie Abrams, Andrea Anders has been cast in a recurring guest-star role for Modern Family's upcoming sixth season. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on Anders' role:



Anders, who previously co-starred on ABC comedies Better Off Ted and Mr. Sunshine, will play Kim, the wife of the horrible family that moves in next door to the Dunphy clan. As previously announced, Treme’s Steve Zahn will play the husband, Ronnie.

Both will first appear in one of the early episodes of the upcoming sixth season.



Link to the full article:Andrea Anders returns to ABC on 'Modern Family' | Inside TV | EW.com



My thoughts: As I previously said in my post about Steve Zahn being cast as the husband of an obnoxious family that moves in next door to Phil and Claire (Steve Zahn cast in a recurring guest-star role), I feel like the writers have always been rather inconsistent when it comes to introducing good and genuinely funny recurring characters. That being said, I've seen Andrea Anders on a lot of TV shows over the years, and I've loved her on every TV show that I've ever seen her on, so I'm really excited that she'll be guest-starring on Modern Family next season.

I really do think that introducing some new neighbors for Phil and Claire has the potential to create some great opportunities for some very funny and entertaining storylines for the entire Dunphy family. While I'm definitely still feeling a little skeptical about the writers introducing a new family that will be guest-starring on Modern Family throughout the season, the announcement that Andrea Anders will be playing the wife of the family has gotten me a lot more excited about the whole idea.

No comments :