Amazon Ad

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weeds: Cancelled by Showtime-TVLine

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/blog_weeds_712_0195.jpg

According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Showtime has canceled Weeds, and the upcoming eighth season will be its last season. Here's a statement the entertainment president of Showtime, David Nevins, regarding the show's cancellation:



“There were two shows, Weeds and Dexter, that really got Showtime taken seriously for cutting-edge original programming,” Showtime entertainment president David Nevins told EW.com, which broke the news. “How they get brought home is really important. In this case, both for the sake of the two women behind the show [series creator Jenji Kohan and leading lady Mary-Louise Parker] and an audience that’s really invested in the show. TV fans love nothing better to complain about how shows end and we really want to end this one the right way.”

Weeds’ farewell season premieres Sunday, July 1.



Link to the full article:Weeds Cancelled -- Showtime - TVLine



My thoughts: This is truly sad news for me, because Weeds is one of my top-favorite TV shows. The first review for a TV show that I ever wrote was actually a review of the first season of Weeds, which I wrote for a creative writing class that I took in the eleventh grade. I have so many fun memories of watching this show. I'm so thankful that Weeds is lucky enough to be a show that will have run for eight years once it ends instead of being a show that's undeservedly cut short like a lot of shows have been over the years. My only hope is that Jenji Kohan was given enough notice about season eight being the last season of Weeds, so the show can have the proper ending that it deserves instead of ending with an unresolved cliffhanger.

No comments :