Amazon Ad

Friday, August 3, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Casts Colin O’Donoghue as Captain Hook in Season 2-TVLine



According to TVLine's Michael Ausiello, Colin O’Donoghue has been cast in the potentially recurring guest-star role of Captain Hook for season 2. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some scoop on O’Donoghue's role:



A handsome, fearsome and confident pirate ship captain, Hook relishes every challenge and never backs down from a fight, whether the reward is power, riches, or women. He possesses the meticulous style and old-school manners of a proper gentleman, but beneath that veneer lies a vindictive enemy who will not rest until all his enemies have been defeated… and humiliated.
 
O’Donoghue, who guest-starred on The Tudors as Duke Philip of Bavaria, is slated to debut in this season’s fourth episode.



Link to the full article:Once Upon a Time Casts Colin O’Donoghue in Season 2 - TVLine







My thoughts: Honestly, I'm not very happy about this casting news. While the description for the role of Captain Hook sounds kind of interesting, I really wish the writers wouldn't add a trillion new characters to the show for season 2. (Okay, I'm exagerating when I say they've added a trillion new characters to the show for season 2, but the writers have added a lot of new characters to the show for the second season.) Before Once Upon a Time started last fall, I was really expecting it to be my favorite new show, but my favorite new TV show ended up being Revenge. Don't get me wrong, I love Once Upon a Time, but it's far from being my #1 favorite new TV show from last year. I would definitely put Revenge, Grimm, Hart of Dixie, Scandal and my most recent obsession, New Girl above Once Upon a Time as my favorite new TV shows.

One of the many reasons why Revenge ended up becoming my favorite new show is that I feel like the writers have done a great job of developing all of the characters on the show, both the series regulars and the recurring guest-star roles. Plus, there were only a few weak episodes of Revenge that I still managed to enjoy to a certain degree even though they weren't the best episodes of the season. Once Upon a Time on the other hand seems to be really stuck on focusing on the same small group of characters despite the fact that it's supposed to be an ensemble show like Revenge is. Once Upon a Time also had quite a few weak episodes, if you ask me.

If by some chance the writers of Once Upon a Time happen to read this post, I would like them to know that I think they really need to stop adding new characters to the show. They should take a note from the writers of Revenge and start focusing on the characters that they already have on the show, distribute the screen time equally amongst the whole cast and really take the time to develop the characters that they already have on the show.

No comments :