Amazon Ad

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fox renews 'The Following' plus 3 comedies | Inside TV | EW.com

The-Following

According to Entertainment Weekly's James Hibberd, Fox has renewed The Following for a second season, New Girl for a third season, Raising Hope for a fourth season, and The Mindy Project for a second season. Here's an excerpt from the article, which gives some details on these renewals:


All the shows Fox picked up today were considered likely to return, though the recent numbers for Raising Hope and Mindy Project are below the levels that Fox would have likely found acceptable a year or two ago. The Following has averaged 11.7 million viewers and a 4.0 rating among adults 18-9 when including seven days of DVR playback. New Girl has averaged 6.4 million viewers and 3.5 rating; Mindy Project has 4 million and a 2.1 rating; Raising Hope has 4.5 million and a 2.0 rating. Fox will continue its cable-sized-seasons strategy with The Following, ordering another 15 episodes instead of the usual 22-episode full season.

“From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding,” said Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly in a statement regarding The Following. “Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I’m delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season.” Regarding the comedy pickups Reilly added, “these shows are creatively vibrant, they have established a loyal and passionate audience and they will continue to define and grow the Fox comedy brand next season and beyond.”



Link to the full article:Fox renews 'The Following' plus 3 comedies | Inside TV | EW.com



My thoughts: I'm honestly not surprised that New Girl and The Following have both been renewed since they're both doing fairly well in the ratings. New Girl's season three renewal is definitely the renewal that I'm most excited about since it's one of my favorite TV shows. I haven't watched The Following yet, but I've been wanting to check it out for a while. Now that The Following has been renewed for a second season, I'm definitely going to check it out.

However, I'm definitely kind of surprised that Raising Hope has been renewed for a fourth season since the show's ratings seem to have declined considerably this season, but since I've always liked the show I'm not really going to question the show's renewal. That being said, I'm definitely very surprised that The Mindy Project has been renewed for a second season. Honestly, I'm surprised that The Mindy Project is still on the air considering the fact that the show's ratings have never been very good. Although, I've seen a few episodes of The Mindy Project and I've liked what I've seen of the show, so I guess I'm glad that it has been renewed too.

No comments :