Amazon Ad

Friday, September 12, 2014

White Collar: USA Network Announces Season 6 Premiere Date


According to TVLine's Matt Webb Mitovich, USA Network has announced that the season premiere of the sixth and final season of White Collar will air on Thursday, November 6 at 9 P.M./8 P.M. Central. White Collar's season premiere will lead into the season 5 mid-season premiere of Covert Affairs. Here's an excerpt from the article, which includes a statement from the president of USA Network, Chris McCumber and the creator of White Collar, Jeff Eastin.



“From its inception, White Collar captured a massive and loyal following, in large part due to the incredible on-screen chemistry between Matt [Bomer] and Tim [DeKay], who deserve credit for one of the most brilliantly performed ‘bromances’ in all of television,” USA Network president Chris McCumber said in a statement. “The series also benefited from smart writing and an extraordinarily talented supporting cast, who helped it become a fan favorite crime drama for five straight years. This season will not disappoint, with an exciting and shocking ending that fans will never forget.”

Adds series creator Jeff Eastin: “Saying goodbye to White Collar — and Neal and Peter — after six successful seasons is incredibly difficult, but I couldn’t be prouder of what our entire team has accomplished over the last six years. I’m grateful to FTVS and USA for giving the show a great home, and I can’t wait for fans to see the twists, surprises and phenomenal performances our final season has in store for them.”



Link to the full article:White Collar’s Final Season (Finally) Gets a Premiere Date | TVLine



My thoughts: I'm so glad that USA Network has finally announced the premiere date for the final season of White Collar. Hopefully, this means that a release date for the season 5 DVD set will be announced in the near future, because I've been very anxious for them to announce a release date for it. Unfortunately, I never got around to watching the show's fifth season when it was airing on TV, so I'm going to have to get caught up by watching season 5 on DVD. As much as I love White Collar, there's a part of me that feels like it's time for the show to end, so I'm not too incredibly sad that season 6 will be the show's final season. Plus, I get the feeling that Matt Bomer is ready to move on to other things since he's been involved in so many other projects besides White Collar in the past few years. Given the fact that so many TV shows are prematurely canceled these days, and I know that season 5 ended with a cliffhanger, I'm just glad that show is fortunate enough to have been renewed for a sixth and final season where it will hopefully have a proper ending to the series.





No comments :